Sunday, October 02, 2005

One week from today

. . . I'll be running. For a good long while.

But today I am sick as a dog. A sore throat turned into a stuffy nose and a congested head that can't seem to quit sneezing. And I'm tired as all get out.

I did make it through booty camp yesterday morning and we ran hills before jumping rope, running drills and tromping around on the playground at an elementary school. That has to count for something.

And I've consistently been working out with TTT and hitting the cardio machines three times a week at the gym. I haven't had a proper run in two weeks. But my hip is healed.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'm as ready as I'll ever be for this marathon. I'm hoping the energy and excitement of the day and the crowd will carry me far.

However it goes, I've already decided it will be enough. Far enough, fast enough, hard enough, fun enough.

Most importantly, I've got my outfit picked out. If nothing else, I'll be cute enough.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

You are too funny.

Teehee! Somebody in En Why See is rooting for you!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wait, if you're too cute, then I've got to upgrade my running gear too. I'm not going to be the ugly runner out there.

And when are you not cute? No, I'm serious here. You're sick, right? Take a picture when you first wake up with a head cold. No one looks good then. Send me the picture.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

YOU DID IT!

YAAAAAAAAAY!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home