Monday, September 26, 2005

Two weeks to go . . .

not even.

It's decision time. So, I've decided:

I'm gonna give it a shot. It's true that I all but abandoned my training schedule for the salvation of my hip. This has been a very good thing. I've kept up all my other training: weights, bootcamp, spinning, cardio machines at the gym.

My thinking is this: I'm strong and in good health, so I'll give that marathon a go. I have released my attachment to the outcome. I'm not shooting for a particular time, I have no goal in mind. I'll just get out there. Run until I don't want to anymore. Then I'll walk. Then I'll run again.

And I'll listen to my body. Hallelujah!

The wisdom has voice, and I won't stifle it.

So, if I hear, "Pull over lady. I see Johnny O'Hagan's in the distance and I'd like a pint of Guinness," who am I to deny such wisdom?

I do want to finish in 6 1/2 hours, though. To hell with running on the sidewalks after they reopen the streets. I refuse to be relegated to the sidelines, slow or not, bum hip or not.

Bottom line: I'm planning on having fun.

Anyone care to stop me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Couldn't stop you if I tried...and I ain't trying.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home