Monday, August 29, 2005

Spinning.

I'd been away for months, but running. Now that my hip needs some rest, I've returned to the almighty spin class.

I thought it might be easy, or at least easier. It isn't. It kicked my butt, but in a good way. I think this will be the way to continue the intensity of marathon training with less impact to my joints.

Tomorrow I'll run outside when I arise. It's been awhile. But I think it's time.

Today I got up at 4:30 to finish my syllabus, prepare class, make copies, etc. for the first day of class. What I didn't realize is that classes started today at 4 p.m., meaning any class meeting before that time didn't meet today. Sheesh. All that nervous energy for nothing. At least I'm prepared for Wednesday.

My Literary Theory class did meet tonight and I am all giddy and dancing for joy on the inside. Hooray for Foucault and Nietzche and Woolf and hooks and Althusser and Lacan and Marx and all those theorists who get me all riled up about all sorts of things. My inner philosopher arises from her slumber. I am curious to see what happens when she runs into the creative spirit who has also recently reawakened. It could be a beautiful and tempestuous marriage. Is there any other sort?

It's been quite a day. I'm eager to sleep and wake up to find what tomorrow might bring. Hopefully a fruitful run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home