Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Running happy again.

I ran a relaxed 10 miles this morning. The first five or so were uneventful; I think I smiled most of the way. Then my right hip and ankle started making a little noise, but not the kind that screams "STOP!" So, I kept on, and after some good stretching, I'm feeling fine.

Able to take a little nourishment, as my granny says.

After lunch I'm off to become a student again. I'll be standing in line for a student ID and a parking permit before heading to a welcome reception hosted by the English Department for new grad students.

Happily, I may have sorted out the teaching/classtime conflict myself. But before the likely resolution appeared I had decided I couldn't make it just my problem, and if no resolution appeared and I couldn't teach this semester, so be it. I'm telling you, meditation is waaaaaaay better than anti-anxiety meds. I'm guessing.

It's a little over 6 weeks to the marathon by my count, and oh I've learned so much already! I hope to get stronger every day. . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The art of meditation is not just learning to become one with the Universe; it is also learning to become one with one's self. You seem to be doing both. Congratulations! Nourishment, indeed.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home