Saturday, August 06, 2005

Dang if drinking before a long run isn't such a good idea.

Since wine seemed to be the best way to get through last evening, I wasn't in shape to run 18 miles this morning at 6 a.m. as planned. I kind of expected to not want to run a beastly distance today, though.

Happily, I finally hauled my ass out of bed at 9 and ran a pleasant 5 miles. No drinkies today and I'll do the long haul tomorrow. No excuses. And I'll have to get up early because I have to get myself to a friend's wedding up north. Finally. Someone I really care about is getting married and I actually want to go to the wedding. And I don't even care that I'm not bringing a date. In fact, I'm downright pleased that the ex is not my date.

Last night we had a pleasant enough time catching up. I cooked, we drank two bottles of wine, then I went to bed shortly before 10. Alone.

Today he's starting to irritate me, just by being himself. In fact, I found myself blurting out, "You've gotten frightfully dull since you got that MBA." He squinched up his nose and laughed. But seriously, when did everything become about someone's clever marketing plan? Bore-ing.

I guess that's why I choose to spend my time with different people now.

Which reminds me . . .

Thank you, Carlos for the encouraging text message! Right back at you: run, Carlos, run strong! run slow! just run it all the way to the marathon, baby!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Don't let them boys get you down. You're going to crush this marathon. You're going to look good and feel good doing it. Just like you are keeping better company, you yourself are better company. I feel better from just having the pleasure of knowing you.

2:01 PM  
Blogger divine m said...

Carlos, you are such a pussycat! I'm so glad we're training together from afar. . . .

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home