Thursday, August 11, 2005

Running again.

I laced up and put in 5 miles in the summer rain today. It was hard, I'll admit, getting back into it after a few days off. But then it felt so good! It's like I feel more like myself when I'm running. I feel powerful and strong, like I'm moving at a pace and in a way I was meant to move. I feel this way on the dance floor, too. But running requires fewer circumstances to be right. It's handy that way.

I also saw my chiropractor today, mostly about my strained rotator cuff. I adore him. He's always so supportive of me and my varied but always wacky endeavors. And his holistic approach to everything really suits me. He said the rotator strain isn't at all bad--rest should do me fine. I have no restrictions in my range of motion, so that's good. A crack here and a crack, crack there and I'm good as new.

On a less cheerful note, I came to the office today to start preparations for the fall, and I'm already feeling a tad overwhelmed. My teaching schedules at the two different colleges where I'm teaching conflict, so hopefully we can sort that out with little fuss. I'm more concerned about teaching a subject I've never formally studied before.

I suspect marathon training might be a snap compared to what I've gotten myself into this time. . . .

Then again, the 18 miles I'm running tomorrow don't seem at all like a snap right now. But I'll push on through. Like I always do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home