Friday, July 29, 2005

Slipping a bit

. . . although it could be much worse.

I didn't run the three miles as planned on Wednesday, although I did meet with TTT and do cardio at the gym. Later in the day I received a bit of news that sent me straight to the nuts and stale dark chocolate in the depths of my pantry. Bad, very bad. My ex announced he's coming for a visit.

Yesterday I ran 9 miles instead of the six called for, thinking I could just combine the two days' miles. The beauty of this was I went out and ran for an hour and a half and it felt good. Breezy, fine. It occurred to me what a big deal it is that I can just lace up my sneakers and go out and run and run and run and then feel better.

It is true that you can choose to be at peace even when the world around you is nothing but chaos. That choice requires an awful lot of resolve and determination, however. Neither of which can be found in a jar of peanuts, I've discovered. That hole I tried to fill was not peanut-shaped. Dammit.

Life would be so much easier if problems could be fixed with peanuts.

Or running.

Or Ben and Jerry's.

Or writing.

But I guess we ain't here for it to be easy. What would be the point of that? Not that I'm sure what the point of this is. . . .

I've also been swamped with work. I know, I know. I act like it's all summertime and the livin's easy and all I do is take in the fresh air and run around like a hippie or something. But I can't say no to my editors and I ended up with 5 stories to report and write this week. Peanuts didn't help me get those done, either.

I'm not buying any more nuts. They're fucking useless.

Today I did a "butt blast" workout with TTT and did some time on the ARC machine. Tomorrow's a 16-miler and I don't know where the group is meeting, so I'll just go it alone. Well, the ipod and me, that is. We're a good team.

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever do find out what the point of all this is, please don't forget to blog that day, okay?

I'm just glad you're all right. Physically, I mean. If you think running is addictive, you should try reading your damn blog every day.

We missed you, girl!

Not to put any more pressure on you, of course...

;->)

5:05 AM  
Blogger divine m said...

Will do . . .

and thank you! Knowing you're out there reading keeps me motivated to run and run and run.

I couldn't very well just bitch and whine and come up with excuses, now could I?

I'm glad you're addicted to my blog--that makes me very happy!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home