Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Did I mention the triathlon?

I might have discovered another cuhrazy event designed to push the body beyond its limits. Of course, I can't resist.

My friend Amelia told me yesterday that she's training to be the bicyclist in a relay team doing a triathlon in Grand Marais, Michigan on Sept. 5.

It's one of those compact triathlons: 1/4 mile swim, 13.6 bike ride, 5K. In that order.

But here's the exciting part: the swim is in Lake Superior!!! They say it's at its warmest Labor Day weekend. I'm sure it's true, but ha!

If I can work it out with my schedule, find accomodation (perhaps stay with Amelia in her rugged family cabin near the two-hearted river) and confirm transportation, you just might find me swimming, biking and running in "da yoop" come Labor Day.

Say ya to da U.P., eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home