Saturday, July 09, 2005

One endurance run down

Although I think I may have run farther than 10 miles. Hard to say.

But I stuck it out, finished in 1 hour, 53 minutes, stopped for two water/stretch breaks, and I'm feeling fine. Well, my lower back is a little sore, but I'm sure it's nothing a hot bath, rest, and some stretching won't cure.

Now I'm off to Chicago for some fun! And more fun! My aim is to not get sunburned and try not to drink too much. The scale said I'm three pounds down from last week, and I'd hate to reverse that trend. My trainer said alcohol clogs up the liver making it impossible for the body to metabolize fat. Oy. But summer cocktails beckon. . . .

Moderation, right?

Something I've never mastered. Always a work in progress. . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

Oy, congrats to you on your three pounds, lady! It's always easier to pull off moderation when you are seeing those kinds of results, you know? So have a good time and your zone-friendly wine and cheese! Hope you are having a grand time, and please tell woog and oog and our new friend boog (carlos) hello!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home